Like any good virus I got hit the other day with one working it’s way through the blog sphere. I have been Tagged by Million Dollar Journey.
Unlike other nasty viruses this is a bit fun. I’ve got to post five things you didn’t know about me and then pass it along to others.
So here we go.
1) Beyond writing as a creative outlet I also paint. Mostly landscapes and more modern pieces.
2) I can’t sleep in during the weekend. My all time record in the last few years was 8:30 am.
3) I still read more than I write, even with this blog. My personal library is current around 70 feet of books when you add up all the shelf space.
4) Beyond blogging my other favorite genre of writing is fantasy.
5) I can drink coffee right before bed with no effect on my sleep.
So now I get to pass this along. I’m tagging Canadian Money Blog Reviewer and Getting Rich Together.
Over at Canadian Financial Stuff, he has a interesting post on new housing prices going up. While reading the post I jumped over his source from The Daily (Statistics Canada). I expected the big gains in housing in Edmonton, Calgary but a was bit shocked that the next two highest cities for the year are Saskatoon(12.7%) and Regina(10.2%). Both Saskatchewan cities beat out Vancouver and Toronto for price increases year to date.
So what gives? Well SK going under a bit a boom partly from some carry over from Alberta oil industry, but there are some other interesting projects underway like the SaskPower Clean Coal Project which wants to build a $1.5 billion dollar Clean Coal power generation unit. Provided they approve it this year, it promises to be a near zero emission coal power plant. Then they have built the Canadian Light Source project is Saskatoon. Not bad for a province that was typically just known for wheat.
Later this month I’m planning a week long series of posts with interviews from various personal finance bloggers in Canada. So far the project is going along great, but I’m now one slot short of my original plan and I’m not sure who I should ask to fill in that slot.
So dear readers, here is your chance: which personal finance blogger would you like to see interviewed? Please leave a comment with your requests and I will try my best to get the blogger with the most votes.