Well after last time I thought I might share some more interesting facts about myself. Enjoy.
- I am sucker for free stuff. So much so I’ve recently tried a free game on Facebook which I can safely say I’m addicted to. Yes I’m a Knighthood junkie.
- I like index funds. Most people would assume it’s because they can beat the performance of about 80% of all mutual funds in the long haul. Actually it has to do with the fact I’m lazy and Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) is one of themes to my investments. I enjoy the concept that I only have to look at my investments once a year if I want to.
- I do not pay myself first (beyond my RRSP’s). Most people have set up automatic transfers to their savings accounts to ensure they save money from their pay cheques. I don’t use them. Instead I pay myself last. At the end of the month I transfer all the excess out of my chequing account. Why? I almost always exceed my minimum savings target each month.
- I never lie on my taxes, but it has nothing to do with being honest. I rather do it so I can avoid the mountain of paperwork that would follow in an audit.
- My three year old son is apparently taking notes. His aunt was over on a visit and decided to give him a loonie. After sayings “Thanks” he rushed upstairs and put it in his piggy bank. I was very proud to realize that I’m managing to raise a habitable saver.